The heart in any membrane filtration process is the membrane itself, and choosing the best membrane for a given process is often a difficult task. Membrane type, plant design and processing parameters should be carefully matched to meet the desired performance and cost-efficiency of the overall process.
Tetra Pak Filtration Solutions is one of the world's largest providers of membranes for dairy applications, and we offer supply and replacement of polymer spiral-wound, plate & frame, as well as ceramic membranes and all types of spare parts for membrane filtration systems.
Typical applications of polymer and ceramic membranes
|Membrane material||Type||Typical applications|
|Polymer||Spiral-wound||Skyr, Greek yoghurt, quark, fromaige frais|
|Polymer||Plate & Frame||Cream cheese, Baker's cheese|
|Ceramic||Tubular||ESL milk, Greek yoghurt, dairy-based ingredients|
The SW membrane element is a unique design, where a large membrane area is wound into a compact element. A number of membrane elements are fitted into a stainless steel housing to form a module, and a number of modules are built into a plant.
- Low cost
- Compact design
- Cost-effective processing economy
- Offers a wide range of applications for the dairy industry
Polymer plate & frame
In Plate & Frame systems, membranes are laid on top of a plate-like structure, which in turn are mounted on PSO support plates. Used for UF of highly viscous products.
- Handles high viscosity products
- Highly defined flow dynamics
- High temperature resistance
- Possibility of isolation of individual membranes
- High configuration versatility
- Ceramic membrane and support structure
- Specific accurate pore size
- 3 and 4 mm diameter flow channels
- Chemical and temperature resistant for easy CIP, excellent hygienic properties
- Durable for long membrane life
- Defined flow conditions